The Saint George’s Greek Orthodox Church has announced that it will hold its 2018 Dionysos Festival on May 18th, 19th and 20th of 2018. “THIS YEAR (2018) our Annual Dionysos Festival will be held on the week AFTER Mother’s Day and the week BEFORE Memorial Day,” the congregation said on its website.
The Festival is a three-day celebration of Greek culture and cuisine. The event has free admission and free parking and the public is invited. “Not Greek?” the website say, “Come! Be Greek for the day!”
Food sold at the event includes Souvlaki, Gyros, Greek Salad, Dolmades, Tiropita, Spanakopita, Loukoumades, beverages and the dinner menu, including:
- Oven Baked Lamb served with rice pilaf, a Greek salad & a roll
- Lamb Shanks served with orzo, Greek salad and a roll
- Moussaka (eggplant, ground meat & sauce) served with Greek salad and a roll
- Souvlaki (Greek Shish Kabob) served with rice pilaf, Greek salad and a roll
- Pastitsio (Macaroni, ground meat & sauce) served with Greek salad and a roll
- ½ Roasted Chicken served with rice pilaf, a Greek salad & a roll
“ALL food is homemade!” the Church website says.
Saint George Greek Orthodox Church, where the Festival will be held, is at 301 West Main Street.
The Church website also says, “Please be advised that we will NOT be having a festival this October. We hope to resume the smaller, fall festival in the fall of 2018!”