The Connecticut Theater Company will open its production of “Ragtime” on December 8th, 2017.
The Theater describes the play as,
At the dawn of a new century, everything is changing… and anything is possible. Set in the volatile melting pot of turn-of-the-century New York, three distinctly American tales are woven together — that of a stifled upper-class wife, a determined Jewish immigrant and a daring young Harlem musician — united by their courage, compassion and belief in the promise of the future. Together they confront history’s timeless contradictions of wealth and poverty, freedom and prejudice, hope and despair, and what it means to live in America.”
The well-known musical from Broadway fame is based on the novel of the same name by E.L. Doctorow. The book for the musical was written by Terrence McNally, the music was written by Stephen Flaherty and the lyrics are by Lynn Ahrens.
The show dates and times for the play are,
- Friday, December 8th at 7:00pm
- Saturday, December 9th, at 7:00pm
- Sunday, December 10th, at 2:00pm
- Friday, December 15th, at 7:00pm
- Saturday, December 16th, at 7:00pm
- Sunday, December 17th, at 2:00pm
- Friday, January 5th, at 7:00pm
- Saturday, January 6th, at 7:00pm
- Sunday, January 7th, at 2:00pm
- Friday, January 12th, at 7:00pm
- Saturday, January 13th at 7:00pm
- Sunday, January 14th at 2:00pm
The Theater’s Box Office opens one hour before showtime. Tickets are available on the Theater’s website.
The Connecticut Theater Company is located at 23 Norden Street.