A new registration process has been announced for student-athletes at New Britain High School, using the FamilyID online service.
“We will be using Family ID to make the student athletes registration for Athletic teams easier with all online filing of the information needed,” Athletic Director Leonard Corto says on the sports registration website, adding that the, “Physical Form which still needs to be signed and completed by your doctor and delivered to the school nurse, Parent Permission, Concussion Information form, Sudden Heart Attack syndrome form, etc.. All will be filed on line through Family ID.”
The school district says that the deadline to register is August 24th, except for football players, who must complete their registration before tryouts begin on August 14th.
FamilyID says its service offers, “Simple online registration for all sports, programs and activities.” FamilyID says that, “Safeguarding your registration information and the personal information of your participants is one of our most important priorities. We automatically encrypt all sensitive information sent to and from our servers.”
The registration instructions provided by the school district for using FamilyID are,
- Under the “Programs” title, click on the link for the program you want to sign up for. Scroll to bottom of page to either sign up as a family or individual if this is your first time using FamilyID, or log in if you already have a Family ID account.
- Sign Up for your secure FamilyID account by entering your family name, email address and password. You will receive an email with a link to confirm your new account. (If you don’t see the email, check your spam or junk folders).
- Click on the link in your email confirmation, which will log you in to FamilyID and then complete the information requested on the registration form. When you have completed the form, click the “Save & Continue” button.
- Review your registration summary and click “Confirm Registration” to submit. Once completed, you will receive an email receipt from email@example.com. You can also view your completed registration on your Dashboard. You can log into https://www.familyid.com at any time to update your information and to check your registration(s).
- The nurse will then review the physical from the doctor and approve your registration.
The school district recommends having doctor’s information, health insurance information and emergency contact names and phone numbers available when proceeding with the registration process and that, “A physical exam must be current within the past 13 months and signed by a physician and must be in effect for the entire length of the sports season. If the student’s physical is to expire during the season, they will not be able to play until a new physical exam is received.”
“We are incredibly excited to begin another Athletic Season at New Britain High School! This promises to be a year filled with golden opportunities for all of our student athletes,” said Corto.