The school district has announced that preschool registration is open. As with kindergarten registration, preschool registration is at the school district’s Central Registration office, at 183 Steele Street, located behind Slade Middle School.
Preschool registration is available for four-year-old children, as well as for children who will be three years old prior to or on January 1, 2018. Children who will be five years old prior to or on January 1, 2018 are eligible for 2017-18 kindergarten classes.
The school system says that registration requires that,
Parents will need to provide the following documentation:
- Child’s Birth Certificate
- Child’s Social Security Card (optional)
- Child’s Health Assessment Record (with immunizations)
- Proof of your local residence. We are accepting only one of the following (must be in the parent’s name):
- Light Bill
- Gas Bill
- Lease or Mortgage Statement
- If living with someone else, a letter from the person owning or renting the home, and their proof of residency is acceptable
- Education records from previous schools
- Proof of Income (Preschool registration only)
The school system also says that a registration packet is to be completed and brought to Central Registration. There are two registration packets:
Registration hours at the Central Registration office are 8:30am to 2:00pm, Monday through Thursday, and on Fridays, from 8:30am to 12:00 noon. During office hours, a Spanish translator is available, and Polish and Arabic translation is available by arrangement with the Central Registration Registrar.