The Petit Family Foundation announced that it has recently awarded grants to various organizations throughout the state. The grants include contributions to the Hoops for Homeless program in New Britain and Central Connecticut State University’s Tech It Out program.
Grants from the Foundation were in amounts, ranging from $500 to $50,000.
The Foundation said that, “Through the generous donations from our donors—friends, family, colleagues, and others—the Foundation has been able to give to many groups whose programs and projects benefit many and are consistent with our mission. The Foundation’s funds are given to foster the education of young people, especially women in the sciences; to improve the lives of those affected by chronic illnesses; and to support efforts to protect and help those affected by violence.”
The Foundation expects to make contributions of $500,000 this year.
The other grant recipients were:
- CT Alliance for Victims of Violence and Their Families, Inc. (CT-ALIVE)
- Bulkeley High School Knitting Club
- CT Invention Convention
- Injury Prevention Center, CT Children’s Medical Center
- LOF Adaptive Skiers
- Women’s Mentoring Network, Inc.
- Plainville High School Digital Devils Robotics Team #5129
- Heartbeat Ensemble
- Green Street Teaching & Learning Center of Wesleyan University
- The Cove Center for Grieving Children
- Human Services Council, Children’s Connection Program
- Children in Placement CT
- The Center for Family Justice
- Safe Haven of Greater Waterbury
- The Children’s Law Center of Connecticut
- Connecticut Women’s Hall of Fame
- Children’s Museum of Southeastern CT
- The Tiny Miracles Foundation
- The Children’s Museum
- Connecticut Audubon Society
- Connecticut Science Fair Association
- Giving Back Food Program, The Tabernacle
- REACH Youth Program at Bridgeport Hospital
- Mystic Aquarium
- University of Saint Joseph
- Holy Cross School Knitting Program, Dover, Deleware
- YWCA Greenwich, CT
- Saturday Academy
- Quinnipiac University – Signature Grant recipient
- Bay Path College – Signature Grant recipient
- Hartford HealthCare Cancer Institute at Hospital of Central CT – Signature Grant recipient
- Cheshire Community Food Pantry – Signature Grant recipient
The Petit Family Foundation Grant Committee Members are Hanna Petit Chapman, Abby Chapman, Glenn Petit, Jayme Ierna, Dr. James Ritchie and Dr. William Petit Jr., ex-officio.